PLANTEX is a 68g/m² porous fibre fabric with excellent water, air, and nutrition permeability. When covered with a thin layer (3 to 5 cm) of covering material, such as woodchip or decorative stone, it reduces maintenance costs and eliminates the need for removing weeds. It is a solution for all areas where weeds are a problem: natural plantations, roadsides, private yards, etc.
PLANTEX ground covering mat has a lifecycle of 10 - 15 years.
PLANTEX 68g is available in three roll sizes: 2 x 50 m, 2 x 100 m and 4 x 100 m, price € 1.05/m² (VAT 0 %).
Ask for a quote if ordering larger batches!
- Underneath hedges, bushes, and tree plantations
- Underneath strawberry, raspberry, and blackcurrant seedlings
Porosity: 79 %
Water permeability: 180 mm/s
Weight: 68 g/m²
Thickness under 2 kN/m²: 0,35 mm
Air permeability: 25 %
Elongation at break: 35 %
- Perfect solution for weed control
- Permeates air, water and nutritients
- Optimal growth temperature
- Reduces maintenance costs
- A chemical-free solution
- Easy installation
- Reduces use of cover materials
- Long lifespan, ca. 15 years
- Endures pedestrian traffic
- Environmental friendly
- Been in use for over 30 years
QUICK INSTALLATION GUIDE
Remove sharp stones and other debris from the ground. Cut the weeds and level the ground. Fertilize the ground before installing the fabric. Overlap the fabric ca. 5 - 10 cm. The edges are dug into the ground and fixed with substrate. The fabric can also be fastened with wooden or steel pins. Holes or x-shapes are cut out for the plants. Bark or mulch is spread on the surface. It protects the fabric from UV-radiation and lenghtens the lifespan of the fabric.